RECORDS are being broken as easily as victories racked up and trophies accumulated by Celtic this season.

This emphatic 5-0 win over their city rivals in their penultimate Ladbrokes Premiership game last night saw their points tally rise to 103 — the same number that Martin O’Neill’s side banked back in 2001/02.

Rodgers made no fewer than five changes to the side which defeated Aberdeen 3-1 at Pittodrie on Friday evening. Brown, James Forrest, Cristian Gamboa, Emilio Izaguirre and Erik Sviatchenko were all brought in as Stuart Armstrong, Mikael Lustig, Jozo Simunovic, Scott Sinclair and Kieran Tierney dropped out.

That every member of the quintet who were given their chance has been capped at full international level underlined the formidable strength in depth which the Glasgow club have at their disposal.

It was the first sighting of Brown since the 5-1 demolition of Rangers at Ibrox at the end of last month. He was certainly his usual commanding self here.

Alan Archibald, meanwhile, made three changes to the Thistle starting line-up which had been defeated 1-0 by St. Johnstone in Perth on Saturday. Ade Azeez, Ryan Edwards and Niall Keown were replaced by David Amoo, Chris Erskine and Steven Lawless.

Thistle drew 1-1 with Celtic when the two teams last met at Parkhead last month. But that midweek game came just a few days after the hosts had secured their fifth consecutive Scottish title and may have been down to a little over-celebrating.

It was certainly one way traffic from kick-off last night. It was just a matter of time before the visitors took the lead.

They did so in the 18th minute after the trickery of Roberts proved too much for Callum Booth. The winger was brought down by the left back and referee Andrew Dallas pointed to the penalty spot. Griffiths stroked a left foot shot into the bottom left corner. It was his 17th goal of the season.

The striker set up Rogic eight minutes later. Despite the close attentions of several Partick defenders the Australian managed to turn the ball in off the inside of the right post from a few yards out.

Thistle tried to drag themselves back into the game and centre half Liam Lindsay forced Craig Gordon to make a save with a downward header seven minutes before half-time.

But Roberts lashed a left foot shot into the top left corner from fully 20 yards out just three minutes later. “Sign him up!” chanted the Celtic supporters.

McGregor and Roberts put the gloss on the result in the closing stages when they rifled in shots from outside the opposition area.