GLASGOW City and Hibernian will meet in the final of the SSE Scottish Women’s Cup for the third successive year after both won their semi-finals at Forthbank Stadium yesterday.

City beat SWPL2 side Forfar Farmington 5-0 in the midday kick off, with Hibs going on to beat Rangers 4-0.

“Rangers were excellent today, so credit to the girls for coming out four goal winners,” said Hibs head coach Chris Roberts.

His opposite number, Amy McDonald, was not happy with referee Fiona Morton who disallowed two goals – the first when it was only 1-0 for Hibs.

“It’s really frustrating,” she said. “The referee said there was pushing in the box so I’d need to watch it back. Having the goal disallowed changes the momentum of the game.”

Hibs started brightly and with the Rangers defence looking uncertain spurned good chances to take an early lead. There was then little between the sides until Hibs went ahead after 25 minutes and quickly added two more.

Katey Turner got the first, converting Rachel McLauchlan’s low cross at the near post. Four minutes later McLauchlan lobbed Rangers keeper Jordan Elliot, and that was followed by the best of the three, a 35-yard shot from Lisa Robertson.

Abi Harrison got the only goal in the second half.

Rangers goalkeeper Jordan Elliot was shown a red card for kicking a bottle into the crowd after the game ended.

Any notion of an upset in the first semi ended when City went ahead after just three minutes. Last season’s beaten finalists brought Jo Love, Megan Foley and Joanne Paton into the side which had lost in Kazakhstan on Thursday.

Noelle Murray got the early goal, curling the ball round Forfar keeper Fiona McNicoll from just inside the box. City dominated the first half and Keeva Keenan headed home a Leanne Ross corner after 33 minutes.

Lee Alexander in the City goal had little to do until two minutes before the interval when she had to look sharp to tip Caroline Heron’s long range shot over the bar.

City introduced four substitutes at the start of the second half and one of them, Abbi Grant, made it three on the hour, running into the box and sending a low left foot shot past McNicoll.

Paton made it four near the end when she won a penalty and converted it herself. Foley added the fifth in injury time.